Enterprising women are breaking the glass ceiling in business all over the world. This introduction is part of the MYP Network Women Entrepreneur Project. MYP have made it their mission to make an extra effort to provide an overview of the funding, support, and opportunities available to women interested in starting their own business through a franchise opportunity.
Statistics: Women in Franchising
Are you a woman interested in a franchise or business opportunity? Do you know there are various organisations and institutions that help women set-up their own business? Franchises offer many opportunities, especially online businesses, as if you want to take care of your family, you can still work from home.
Women are a force to be reckoned with in the business world. In the United States and according to the 2013 State of Women-Owned Businesses Report "Women in Franchising";
- More than 8.6 million women owned businesses generated over USD 1.3 trillion in revenue and employed nearly 7.8 million people in the United States.
- Between 1997 and 2013 the number of businesses in operation overall increased by 41 percent while the number of women owned businesses increased by 59 percent, 1.5 times the national average.
- Women owned businesses exceed overall sector growth in eight of the 13 most populous industries.
- Women owned businesses are highly concentrated in: health care and social assistance, educational services, other services, and administrative support and waste management services.
- Among these female entrepreneurs are numerous women who have found a professional home in the franchise industry where 20.5 percent of franchised businesses are owned solely by women. Furthermore, an additional 24.4 percent of franchised businesses are male and female co-owned.